Visa & Work Permits  Visa Issuance 

  Once you have entered in Thailand with a Tourist visa (60days + 30 days extendable) applied in your home       country or with a Tourist visa received on arrival at airport (30 days + 15 days extendable), a Non B visa

Non‐Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Teaching)    Open Book will provides you the documents and procedure to follow to apply for the NON B visa, the      documents take 2 to 3 weeks to be processed. Once ready we/the school will deliver it to you and inform     you of the process step by step. The application is to be made in a Thai Embassy (out of Thailand), we recommend  to go to Laos (Savanakhet), we will guide you all along the process, kindly follow our process, in case another      destination is wished, let us know in advance as the docs are entitled to the location (ex: we issue the docs     to Savanakhet in Laos, but you decided to go to Malaysia at the last minute, your docs wont be valid for     Malaysia, also the requirements for each location are not always the same ones.


 Additional Information
Upon entry into the Kingdom, applicant or his or her appointed representatives must apply for a work  permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, and Ministry of  Labor in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax accordingly. If the applicant’s associated  company is located in the provinces, the applicant must apply at the Employment Office of that  province.

Re‐entry Permit 

If you have a Single Entry Non‐Immigrant B visa and wish to leave the country, you are obliged to obtain  a re‐entry permit. If you have an extension of stay and would like to travel outside of Thailand for a  short period then a re‐entry permit will be needed. A re‐entry permit must be obtained at the  immigration office designated for your area. While in an emergency it can technically be obtained at the  airport, but it is not recommended as not guaranteed.
When applying for a re‐entry permit you will need to submit the following:
1. A completed TM‐8 form

2. The correct fee

3. A 2″ photo

4. Photocopy of passport (main page, visa page and latest entry stamp)

5. Current fees for re‐entry permit  6. 1,900 Baht for single (recommended to only apply to single entry, as multiple is not always granted)  7. 3,800 Baht for multiple

Please remember when arriving back into Thailand to note the re‐entry permit number on  the Immigration arrival card (TM‐card), and check that you are stamped in correctly.

DO NOT LOSE the arrival/departure form given to you in the plane, this is to be kept with your passport (I recommend you to staple it to your passport at your thai stamp page) until you leave Thailand. In case you lose it you must go to police station to declare the loss.
More Information
If you need assistance regarding visas speak to your OPEN BOOK TEACHERS manager. There are  also some useful websites, such as the Thai Government’s Foreign Affairs Ministry Website,, and, an unofficial yet very helpful  support site and forum for all things visa.

If you Have Any Questions Call Us On +66 (0) 2-9380065 | Skype: openbookteachers